Activate your mutant gene, because you're being briefed on the newest X-Men member this week. We also have a royal Blitz lineup, an eight-legged milestone, and plenty of other events to tackle. Now, stand back, because the Blackbird is coming in for a landing.
The X-Men are a handful with the legendary Phoenix at the helm, but just wait until Cyclops slides into their Arena ranks. Scott Summers -- a.k.a. "Cyclops" -- is a mutant who can summon and shoot energy from another dimension through his eyes. He controls this energy blast using ruby quartz crystals in his visor (or slick sunglasses).
As a member of the X-Men team, Cyclops is a Blaster who specializes in coordinating ally attacks around heavy Taunters, applying Slow, and unleashing a massive Charged AoE attack that can vaporize an entire team. If you don't already, you'll want to consider adding Wolverine to your X-Men team, as Cyclops has specific synergies with his good buddy Logan.
Blast through the enemy plan with Cyclops:
Traits: Hero, Global, Mutant, Blaster, X-Men
Basic - Optic Blast
- Attack the primary target for damage and a chance to apply Defense Down.
- If Psylocke is an ally, always apply Defense Down.
Special - To Me!
- Energy Cost: 5/5
- Apply Taunt to the 2 most injured non-summoned non-primary targets.
- Call an ally Wolverine to attack the most injured of those targets.
- Call an ally to attack the second most injured of those targets.
- Attack the primary target for damage.
Ultimate - Optic Devastation
- Energy Cost: 6/8
- Attack all enemies for damage and apply Slow for 2 turns.
- Damage is increased per Charged.
- Then lose all Charged.
Passive - Team Synergy
- On turn and on X-Men ally turn, gain +2 Charged, up to a maximum of 20.
- When an enemy attacks an ally Phoenix or Dark Phoenix, 50% chance to attack that enemy for damage. If this character does not attack, call an assist from an ally Wolverine to attack that enemy. Wolverine gains extra Damage for this assist.
- On ally Phoenix death, gain Offense Up and increase an ally Wolverine's Speed Bar
Friendly Neighborhood Milestone
Swing into the Spider-Verse and web up big gear rewards this week. For a limited time, use your Spider-Verse characters in War, Raids, Arena, and Blitz battles to hit milestones. As Uncle Ben once said: With great gear rewards comes the great responsibility to not miss out!
orb & Node Additions
More new characters are on their way to the Store and Orbs! Human Torch will be moving from his Nexus 5-9 Node to the Arena Store and Mister Fantastic will be taking his place. Here are their new locations:
Mister Fantastic: Nexus 5-9
Human Torch: Arena Store
And don't forget that Kingpin's Vault Orb and the Orange Gear War Orb have been updated with Orange Gear pieces to help with progress toward Gear Tier 14.
Inhumans are invading Blitz this week! Now's your chance to recruit and rank up Yo-Yo, Quake, and Karnak. Become a royal pain-in-the-behind by building the Inhuman Royal Arena Team with these key members.
You'll need all Hands on deck for this upcoming flash event. Relic Hunt is back this week with a chance to earn Advanced Basic Catalysts Parts!
Until next time…
Good luck, Commanders!