S.T.R.I.K.E.'s interdimensional sensors have picked up another opening to the Dark Dimension, but this time there's a powerful entity at its center ready to step onto Nexus Earth. Read on for a full report on this new Dark Dimension and the figure at its helm you'll have a chance at recruiting. We've also got intel on another Secret Avenger on the move, a repeating Legend reappearing, bone-shattering Blitzes, and lucrative Bonus Events.
Dark Dimension V
The next chapter in the Dark Dimension saga is rapidly approaching and is expected to be unleashed sometime in the next major game update, version 5.8!
All Dark Dimension V nodes will require a full team of 5 characters, so you’ll eventually need 20 characters in total to complete it. This is the order in which nodes will require specific traits:
- Missions 1-3: No restriction (any 5 GT16 characters)
- Missions 4-6: City (legendary EXCLUDED)
- Missions 7-9: Global (legendary EXCLUDED)
- Missions 10-12: Cosmic (legendary EXCLUDED)
- Missions 13-15: Legendary ONLY
First Winner Rewards
As with previous new chapters of Dark Dimension, there will be a big celebration following the first player to fully complete Dark Dimension V. We’ve made some improvements and clarifications from Dark Dimension IV, so please read the details carefully. All choices made by the winner regarding the rewards below must be submitted and agreed upon within 7 business days of completion or the choices will be made by the dev team.
The winner will personally receive:
-A “swag bag” of physical items related to Marvel Strike Force, hand-picked by the dev team.
-A promotion to 7 Red Stars of an eligible character of their choice (limitations apply)
- This cannot include any character that currently does not have 7 Red Stars available, like Ultron, Doctor Doom, and Dormammu.
- The character must have been released and available to unlock prior to version 5.8 - the latest character eligible is Omega Red.
-The player’s name, representative of their personal profile, immortalized in an in-game environment.
- The name will be decided in conjunction with the dev team and a choice must be made within 7 business days of the winner completing Dark Dimension V. If the player is unresponsive or uncertain of a decision after 7 days, the dev team will choose the appropriate name.
- The name must be appropriate for in-game use and should represent the player, not a 3rd party or a general statement.
The general player-base will receive:
-The winner will get to choose two characters (non-Legendary), to let individual players decide which of them to receive character shards for. There will be two different orbs that contain shards for the two different characters, and players can use limited-time credits to open any combination of them - this is similar to the Dark Dimension IV celebration where players could choose between getting a combination of shards for Cull Obsidian and/or Ghost. Players will also get to choose one of the two characters to receive a 5-Red Star promotion for.
- Characters must have been released prior to version 5.8 (the latest character eligible is Lady Deathstrike) and through one of these game modes: Blitz, Event Campaign, Strike Pass, or Mojo’s Mayhem
-A community poll to determine three Blitzes that will be run based on the characters (non-Legendary) that the Dark Dimension V winner used to complete nodes in the non-timed run.
-Two bonus events for two different characters selected by the winner that were used to complete nodes in the non-timed run.
-Select “10 for 10” offers
As previously announced in the second-half 2021 Preview blog: Completing this monumental challenge will unlock the nefarious Dormammu for your roster.
- The first completion of Dark Dimension V will grant 310 character shards of Dormammu (5 Gold Stars) and a 2-Red Star Promotion.
- The second completion of Dark Dimension V will grant 500 character shards of Dormammu (to get from 5 to 7 Gold Stars) and a 4-Red Star Promotion.
Here's the intel on the Lord of Chaos…
Born thousands (or possibly even millions) of years ago in a dimension home to powerful pure energy lifeforms, Dormammu is a maniacal cosmic being whose only desire is to rule and conquer every plane of existence. His powers are vast and nearly unrivaled, but outside of his Dark Dimension home, Dormammu's power is limited, and he can be bested by powerful superheroes. At Dormammu's disposal is the ability to manipulate the forces of magic, superhuman strength, matter transmutation, and energy projection. But even with all of Dormammu's power, he's been repeatedly foiled by Doctor Strange, his eternal enemy. Aside from mystical battles with the Sorcerer Supreme, Dormammu has also faced off against the Avengers, the Defenders, and the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Befitting a nearly all-powerful being, Dormammu is one of the most powerful characters in MARVEL Strike Force. He's a Support with high Health and hits for heavy damage. His abilities feature multiple instances to attack all enemies, as well as the new negative effect Trauma, which prevents negative effects from being removed or flipped. And if all that wasn't enough, all of Dormammu's allies receive Revive once, if they don't have one already - this is similar to characters like Ultron that spawn with the ability to Revive.
Traits: Villain, Cosmic, Mystic, Support
(Abilities shown at max levels of 7, 7, 7, 5)
Basic - Eternal Darkness
- Attack all enemies for 360% damage + 30% Drain.
- Clear Immunity from all enemies, if an enemy does not have Immunity, clear 1 other positive effect instead.
- If this character has Ability Block, fill Speed Bar by 80%.
- This attack cannot miss.
Special - Hyper Beam
Energy Cost: 5/5
- Apply Stun and Trauma for 2 turns to the primary target.
- Attack primary and adjacent targets for 300% damage.
- Apply Slow for 2 turns and Heal Block for 2 turns to all adjacent targets.
- Gain 3 Charged.
- This attack cannot be blocked.
Ultimate - Dark Rain
Energy Cost: 7/9
- Clear all negative effects from self and clear Heal Block from all allies.
- Heal self and all allies for 40% of this character's Max Health.
- Attack primary target for 300% Piercing.
- Attack all enemies (including the primary target) for 500% Piercing.
- Apply Offense Down for 2 turns, Defense Down for 2 turns, and Slow for 2 turns to all enemies.
- Apply Offense Up for 2 turns, Defense Up for 2 turns, and Speed Up for 2 turns to all allies.
- This attack is unavoidable and cannot be blocked or counterattacked.
Passive - The Dread One
This character cannot revive.
- If Health is full at the start of a match and if this character is not a Clone, all allies gain Revive Once (does not stack) with 40% of their character's Max Health.
- On Spawn and on Turn, if this character has:
- 2 or more allies with Revive Once, gain Defense Up for 2 turns.
- 3 or more allies with Revive Once, gain Offense Up for 2 turns.
- 4 or more allies with Revive Once, gain Immunity for 2 turns.
- On enemy Turn, if Charged, flip all positive effects to negative effects and apply 2 Bleed to that enemy.
- On Turn, if Charged, lose 1 Charged.
- On Stun, clear all Stun and apply Regeneration to self.
- When this character drops below 50% Max Health, gain Safeguard for 2 turns and Stealth for 2 turns.
- Gain 50% Max Health.
- Gain 50% Resistance for each Mystic Character.
- While this character has Stealth, gain +30% Block chance.
- Lower the Assist Chance for all Cosmic Brawlers by 50%. This bonus is increased by an additional 50% while this character is above 50% Max Health.
Character Availability Update
Another Secret Avenger is setting up shop in a new location to help you prepare for the upcoming Omega Red Legendary Event. Starting on October 26th at 5:00PM (PDT), you can find Sharon Carter in the Raid Store.
Repeating Legendary Event
Appearing out of thin air into the thick of things on October 25th at 5:00PM (PDT) is the "Now You See Me" Legendary Event, featuring Invisible Woman. You'll need a Sinister Six team at a minimum of 5 Stars for a crack at recruiting this Fantastic Four Legend, so be on the lookout for an upcoming inbox with 3 shards for up to 7 of the required characters, as well as the Double Trouble Bonus Event to help bolster your Sinister Six characters.
Shatter expectations and axe your enemies with the characters featured in our upcoming Blitzes. Punching the clock first on October 25th at 5:00PM (PDT) is Karnak in the Shatterer Blitz. Exploit your enemy's weakness in battle to rack up character shards for this Inhuman Controller. Then on October 28th at 5:00PM (PDT), the Black Order's axeman, Cull Obsidian, is rumbling into the spotlight in the Dwarf Star Blitz. Fortify this pulverizing Protector by cleaving foes on the battlefield and earning his shards.
Bonus & Flash Events
On October 24th at 5:00PM (PDT), the big city bad guys are back again for double the fun. Prepare for "Now You See Me" with the Double Trouble Bonus Event, which features 2x payouts in Campaign nodes for Sinister Six characters. Filter your roster by "Sinister Six" for a list of the eligible characters with their node locations.
Then on October 29th at 5:00PM (PDT) your monthly golden opportunity arrives with the Payday Event, where you can send your top Mercenary team into battle to bring back tons of Gold. Outfit your Mercs with character shards during the Merc Mayhem Event, which rewards double character shards in Campaign nodes. Filter your roster by "Mercenary" to see which Mercenaries are eligible and where their nodes are located.
Until next time…
Good luck, Commanders!