Find your childhood nightlight, because this week's update goes bump in the night. Our final blog before Halloween features the Supernatural team's new Blaster. We also have the lowdown on a Highway to Halloween Bonus Event, our upcoming Day of the Dead fun, and two Blitzes. First up: a meet and greet with a bloody good new Blaster.
Do you want to build a monster squad? If yes, then you'll need Elsa Bloodstone. A Blaster who loves to Crit and hates to miss, Elsa specializes in emptying clips into her enemies and attacking again when she or an ally misses an attack. Elsa can ignore Taunt and Stealth, so she's great for finishing foes who are teetering on the brink.
Here is her ability breakdown:
Basic - Bloody Good Guns
- Attack primary target for Piercing + Bonus Attack 5 times for Piercing.
Special - Trick Shot
- Energy Cost: 2/5
- Attack primary target for damage.
- Attack the most injured enemy for damage, ignoring Taunt and Stealth.
Ultimate - Scatterguns
- Energy Cost: 6/6
- Gain Offense Up for 2 turns.
- Attack primary target and adjacent targets for damage per Supernatural ally.
Passive - #%@$!
- On miss or on ally miss, if this character has 3 or more Supernatural allies, attack that target for damage.
- On enemy dodge, attack that enemy for damage.
- Gain Crit Chance. Mystic allies gain Crit chance.
- Gain Accuracy per Supernatural ally.
Sporting the Supernatural trait along with Elsa and Ghost Rider are Mordo, Doctor Strange, and Scarlet Witch. The trio underwent a few ability changes to better synergize as a squad. Here are the updates:
- Ultimate - Book of the Vishanti
- Now also revives a Supernatural ally.
- Passive - Master of the Arcane Arts
- Now if this character has 3 or more Supernatural allies, Heal and gain Deflect when an enemy gains a positive effect.
- Passive - Too Many Sorcerers
- Now also Heals the most injured Supernatural ally on any character Death
- On Death of a Mystic, now also Heal the most injured Supernatural ally and grant Ability Energy to self and that ally.
- Ultimate - Chaos Wave
- Now, if this character has 4 or more Supernatural allies, apply Defense Down to all enemies.
The Bloodstone Files
To recruit Elsa Bloodstone, you must join her on her Event Campaign: The Bloodstone Files. Team up with Elsa as she goes on a secret mission to track down a missing S.T.R.I.K.E. double agent. For this Event Campaign, you'll need a squad of characters with the limited-time Trick or Treat trait. Each Campaign node rewards Hunter Squad Orb Fragments, and the Hunter Squad Orb contains select characters with the Trick or Treat trait, including Elsa at a higher drop rate!
Highway to Halloween Gold Event
It's time to enter the Gold Crypt! This week, the Highway to Halloween is paved with Gold: earn 66.6% more Gold from Campaigns during this 24-hour event. Stock up and raise your roster from the dead.
Day of the Dead Milestones
Speaking of the deceased, clawing at the heels of Highway to Halloween is the Celebrated Spirits Milestones where you can earn character shards and Orange and Purple Gear Raid Orbs.
Coordinate with your Alliance to hit milestones, that reset each day for 5 days straight. Score points by using specific characters in Raid battles and if those characters are Gear Tier 11 or higher you’ll score even more points. Here is a hint at the characters to use each day:
October 31, 5:00PM (PDT) - A Mutant and a Mystic character
November 1, 5:00PM (PDT) - A Tech and a Skill character
November 2, 5:00PM (PDT) - A Tech and a Bio character
November 3, 5:00PM (PDT) - A Mystic and a Tech character
November 4, 5:00PM (PDT) - A Mutant and a Mystic character
Rumbling in Blitz this week is the explosive Protector Crossbones (Hail Hydra) and the time-traveling mutant, Cable. Line up your favorite Blitz teams and manage your Blitz Charges to maximize your character shard rewards.
Calling all soldiers of fortune: this week the Payday Flash Event returns. Rack up piles of Gold with your top Mercenary team.
Until next time…
Good luck, Commanders!