After a meet-and-greet last week with famed clone creator Mister Sinister, we're looking under the hood of Sinister's personal clone Protector this week. We've also got two Blitzes coming up, a new Milestone, and the return of an anticipated Legendary Event.
A clone of Cable raised by Apocalypse, Stryfe is a mutant time-traveler with the powers of telepathy and telekinesis. If you're building a Marauders team and planning on going clone crazy, you'll want this towering tank absorbing enemy attacks. Stryfe is a psychic Protector for the Marauders who clears and gains stacks of Taunt, fortifies with Deflect, and hits enemies with an AoE Ability Block with his Ultimate attack.
Stryfe's violent tendencies earned him the moniker of the "Chaos Bringer," and he lives up to that name when teamed up with Mister Sinister and on War Defense. With Mister Sinister, Stryfe becomes an attack-magnet, gaining Taunt and Barrier whenever Sinister drops to low Health. On Alliance War Defense, Stryfe and his mutant allies gain extra Resistance and Focus.
Here is Stryfe's kit breakdown:
Traits: Villain, Global, Mutant, Protector, Marauders
Basic - Psychic Strike
- Attack primary target for damage. If the target has Taunt, Gain +1 Taunt, up to a maximum of 3. Clear Taunt from the target. If Mister Sinister is an ally, transfer all positive effects from the primary target to Mister Sinister.
Special - Superiority
- Energy Cost: 4/4
- Gain +1 Taunt, up to a maximum of 3. Gain 3 Deflect + Barrier self for a percent of this character's Max Health. Generate 2 Ability Energy for 2 random Marauders allies.
Ultimate - Nullifying Blast
- Energy Cost: 3/5
- Apply Ability Block to primary and adjacent targets. Attack primary and adjacent targets for damage.
Passive - Grandeur
- On Spawn, fill Speed Bar for percent + percent Speed Bar per MUTANT VILLAIN ally. On turn, if Taunting, gain +1 Deflect up to a maximum of 3. When an allied Mister Sinister drops below 50% Max Health, gain +1 Taunt, up to a maximum of 3 + gain Barrier for a percent of this character's Max Health.
- On WAR DEFENSE.
- Gain Resistance.
- MUTANT allies gain Resistance.
- Gain Focus.
- VILLAIN allies gain +Focus.
Whet your appetite for improving your roster by devouring Red Stars with the upcoming Feast Calendar. Log in every day for 14 days to earn a full Elite 4 Red Star Orb and 70 Red Star Promotion Credits!
Last week's Blitz for Hela was fierce and if you came up short recruiting the Goddess of Death, you get a second chance this week as Hela is back for her second Blitz. And when you're done sacrificing souls in the name of Hela, rank up and recruit Hawkeye, the dead-eye Avenger.
There's one last treat from the Trick or Treat Facebook poll to take advantage of this week. For a limited time, get 25% off select gear in the Supplies Store and take your roster to the next level.
Put the last-minute finishing touches on your Phoenix Legendary Event team with the 2x Villain Mystic Controller Bonus Event. For 24 hours, get 2x character shard payouts from Campaign nodes for Hand Assassin, Loki, and Nobu.
The Next Legendary Event is…
While you're trying to harness the power of Phoenix in our current Legendary Event, start gearing up and ranking up your top team of Guardians and Ravagers for the following Legendary character: Star-Lord.
Until next time…
Good luck, Commanders!