The Ravagers have been perennial punching bags for quite some time now, but today we're meeting the new leader of the Ravagers to pick them up off of the ground and lead them to victory on the decks of enemy Helicarriers. But a new lord of the stars isn't the end because we're also going over a magikal event on the horizon, electrifying Blitzes, and small-but-mighty events to improve your roster.
While practicing throwing his spear as a young child, T'Challa, the Prince of Wakanda, accidentally threw his spear outside of Wakanda's protective barrier. When T'Challa passed through the barrier to retrieve his spear, a spacecraft piloted by two members of the Ravagers landed and kidnapped T'Challa. After the Ravagers brought the boy to their leader, Yondu Udonta, he realized they grabbed the wrong earth child. Yondu was impressed that T'Challa wasn't afraid of him and when T'Challa expressed a desire to explore the galaxy, he adopted T'Challa and raised him as his own son. As T'Challa grew up, he taught the Ravagers to be more than just pirates, helping them become Robin Hood figures, stealing from the rich and giving to the less fortunate. T'Challa's actions led to him becoming a legendary outlaw and receiving the title of "Star-Lord." As Star-Lord and the leader of the Ravagers, T'Challa defeated the likes of Ego the celestial planet, the Collector, and even helped defeat Ultron.
Star-Lord (T'Challa) is a high-Damage Blaster for a Ravagers team newly upgraded with improved stats and abilities. T'Challa's hard-hitting attacks, ability to prolong team positive effects, and War Offense Boosts transform the ragtag Ravagers into a formidable Alliance War Offense force. And don't overlook a powerful new ability introduced with Star-Lord (T'Challa): stealing enemy ability energy!
Rob enemies blind with Star-Lord (T'Challa):
Traits: Hero, Cosmic, Tech, Blaster, Ravager
Basic - Element Blast
- Attack primary target for 280% + Bonus Attack for 250% damage.
- Gain Offense Up.
Special - Gravity Repulsor
- Energy Cost: 6/6
- Attack primary target for 400% damage + apply Blind.
- Apply Defense Down. On WAR OFFENSE, if Yondu is an ally, apply Defense Down to all enemies instead.
- If the primary target has Blind, steal up to 2 Ability Energy from that target.
- This attack is Unavoidable.
Ultimate - Ravager Rocket
- Energy Cost: 5/5
- Copy all positive effects, excluding Safeguard, Taunt and Regeneration, from adjacent allies.
- Attack primary target for 530% damage.
- Increase the duration of all positive effects, excluding Regeneration, for self and RAVAGER allies by +1, to a maximum of 3.
Passive - Rousing Ravager
- On Turn, gain Evade.
- On non-summoned enemy death, gain +30% Speed Bar.
- Gain +30% Damage. In WAR, RAVAGER allies gain +30% Damage.
- RAVAGER allies gain +25% Max Health.
- On WAR OFFENSE: Gain +25% Max Health.
- On WAR OFFENSE: RAVAGER allies gain +25% Max Health.
Decorate your roster for the holidays on December 16th at 4:00PM (PST) with the Season's Sorcery Event. Cast a rewards spell and recruit Magik during this limited-time event:
Snowflakes & Event Store
Earn limited-time Snowflakes currency via the Campaign, Isotope-8 Campaign, Blitz, and from the Daily Objectives for Raid, Arena, and Real-Time Arena. Spend them on items in the Event Store. Items in the Event Store may differ each day or in between Store refreshes, so check back often.
Season's Sorcery Milestone
Earn points toward the Season's Sorcery Milestone Event by spending Snowflakes currency in the Event Store. Rewards include Blue, Purple, Orange, and Teal Gear, Magik character shards, Silver Promotion Credits, Gold Promotion Credits, 3 Ornaments (more info on these below), and more!
Collect All 5 Ornaments
There are 5 special Ornaments to obtain in the Season's Sorcery Event. Each Ornament is an orb with a special gift inside:
- Purple Ornament: Guarantees 50 Magik character shards - found in the Season's Sorcery Milestone.
- Blue Ornament: Guarantees tons of T1 and T2 Ions - found in the Season's Sorcery Milestone.
- Green Ornament: Guarantees 5000 Elite 6 Credits (enough to open an Elite 6 Star Orb) - found in the Season's Sorcery Milestone.
- Pink Ornament: Guarantees Purple, Orange, and Teal Unique Gear Pieces from a select pool - found on the 14th day of the Season's Sorcery login calendar.
- White Ornament: Guarantees 3 million Gold - available in a special low-price offer at two distinct times during the event.
"No Way Home" Costume
Open 5 Ornaments to add Spider-Man's "No Way Home" Costume to your roster using Gold Phase Bits, which will be available in a limited-time Achievement. Unused Bits will be converted to Costume Credits on January 8, 4:00PM (PST) at a conversion rate of 60%.
Phoenix Star Unlock
The Legendary Phoenix is getting an epic update! The next time Phoenix's repeating Legendary Event, "Phoenix Rising" returns, you'll be able to unlock her at a minimum of 5 Stars, instead of the previous six. Start preparing now and don't miss your next chance to recruit Phoenix.
The Eternal Connections Event may be over, but there's still time left to purchase Hawkeye's "Hawkguy" Costume from the Costume Store using Yellow Flash Bits. Unused Bits will be converted to Costume Credits on December 13th at 4:00PM (PST) at a conversion rate of 60%.
And starting on December 16th at 4:00PM (PST), you can head to the Elite Store and start powering up Omega Red with Red Stars using Gold and Silver Promotion Credits.
Electrify battles by bonding with two formidable fighters in our upcoming Blitzes. The Bright Personality Blitz lights up the week first on December 13th at 4:00PM (PST). Don't miss out on pummeling enemies to grab Electro character shards. And then on December 16th at 4:00PM (PST), the Psychotic Blitz returns, where you can wreak havoc on the battlefield and earn tons of Carnage shards.
Bonus & Flash Events
Prepare for Jubilee's Legendary Event and grow your Pym Tech team on December 12th at 4:00PM (PST) with the Pym Acceleration Bonus Event, which rewards double shard payouts for Pym Tech characters in Campaign nodes. Filter your roster by Pym Tech for a list of eligible characters and their locations.
Then on December 17th at 4:00PM (PST), it's time to send your Hand team into battle to stock up on Catalyst Parts with the Relic Hunt Flash Event. Show your ninjas some love with the "Need a Hand?" Bonus Event, which starts on December 16th at 4:00PM (PST) and rewards double shards for Hand characters in Campaigns. Filter your roster by Hand for a list of eligible characters and their nodes.
Until next time…
Good luck, Commanders!