Move over Uncanny and Astonishing X-Men, there's a new mutant team in town and they're poised to reassert the dominance of Homo superior. Heading toward the battlefield soon are the initial Unlimited X-Men members Gambit, Fantomex, and Dazzler in the forthcoming Version 6.1 Release. The team will eventually be filled out with two more recruits to five members total with the subsequent Version 6.2 Release. As you'll see in the kits below, the team's specialty will be the upcoming new game mode Cosmic Crucible, so the Unlimited X-Men will be a great way to hit the ground running. For now, let's meet the first three Unlimited X-Men.
After being abandoned at birth due to his burning red eyes, the mutant child who would one day become Remy LeBeau was kidnapped from his hospital ward by members of the New Orleans Thieves Guild. The patriarch of the guild, Jean-Luc LeBeau, adopted Remy into his own family and taught him the ways of deception, theft, as well as how to fight with a bo-staff. Remy's mutant ability manifested in his early teens (which he kept a secret) and allows him to convert the potential energy stored in an inanimate object into pure kinetic energy, charging that item with highly explosive results. Remy's ability to tap into kinetic energy also grants him superhuman strength, speed, and reflexes. After leaving New Orleans as an adult, Remy traveled the world and became the international master thief known as Gambit. During his travels, Gambit encountered Storm, who eventually brought him to the X-Men and sponsored his inclusion to the group.
Gambit slots into the Unlimited X-Men as a Blaster who sports devastating damage and high survivability. And although we recommend including Gambit with your Unlimited team, he works well with any X-Men character. His entire kit is impressive, but take note of his Special ability, "Winning Hand," as it doesn't require any Ability Energy. And because the Unlimited X-Men are Cosmic Crucible specialists, he features bonuses that help propel his team to the top of the Crucible food chain.
Traits: Hero, Global, Mutant, Blaster, Unlimited X-Men
Basic - Ante Up
- Attack Primary target for 300% damage.
- Bonus Attack the most injured enemy, ignoring Taunt, for 250% Piercing + apply Heal Block
Special - Winning Hand
- Energy Cost: 0/0 (this is not a mistake)
- Attack primary and adjacent targets for 300% Piercing + apply Bleed for 2 turns.
- If Charged, apply Ability Block to the primary target and lose 1 Charged
- In Crucible: Apply Speed Up for 2 turns to self and all Unlimited X-Men allies.
- In Crucible: Additional X-Men allies have a 50% chance to gain Speed Up for 2 turns.
- When this character is AI controlled, this attack will only be used if this character has Charged.
Ultimate - Stacked Deck
- Energy Cost: 3/6
- Attack all enemies for 520% damage.
- If this character has 3 or more X-Men allies, apply Disrupted for 2 turns to all enemies.
- In Crucible, flip 2 positive effects into negative effects on all enemies.
- This attack is unavoidable and cannot be blocked.
Passive - Pick a Card
- On Spawn, gain Charged. In Crucible, gain an additional +1 Charged.
- At the end of any enemy turn: Attack the most injured enemy, ignoring Taunt, for 180% Piercing and apply Heal Block.
- At the end of any enemy turn In Crucible: fill Speed Bar by 20% for this character.
- When this character drops below 50% Health for the first time, do the following: Gain Stealth for 2 turns and Immunity for 1 turn; Clear all Defense Down on this character.
- On Crit, apply Evade to self and all Unlimited X-Men allies.
- When this character has Stealth, gain +50% Drain.
- While this character has Evade: Gain +25% Crit Chance and +25% Crit Damage
- While this character has Evade: Unlimited X-Men allies gain +25% Crit Chance and +25% Crit Damage
- Gain +50% Max Health
- X-Men allies gain +25% Max Health
- Unlimited X-Men allies gain an additional +25% Max Health
When the Weapon Plus program set out to create a race of super-sentinels, they fertilized one of the specimens with nanomachines, resulting in the birth of Fantomex. He was born and artificially evolved in "The World," a secret square mile of experimental micro-reality where time is slowed to allow multiple generations to pass in a matter of days. Fantomex is a mutant and his mutant ability allows him to manifest realistic illusions to fool enemies. His body features an external nervous system in the form of an autonomous entity named E.V.A. and he also has three computerized minds that work in tandem to increase his intellect and analytical prowess. Weapon Plus also trained Fantomex to be an expert marksman and a deadly hand-to-hand combatant. With his training completed, Fantomex was sent on a mission to take down a group of trained mutants. But instead of accomplishing the mission, he used the opportunity to escape. He sought refuge with the X-Men, who eventually accepted him onto their team, where he battled against some of the greatest threats to the Earth.
In a nutshell, Fantomex is a sack of bullets with no love for his enemies. Outside of the nutshell, he's a Blaster with high Piercing Damage and Dodge Chance. Fantomex possesses Protector qualities as well, and his high Dodge Chance comes in especially handy when he Taunts via his Special ability, "E.V.A. Assist." If an opponent manages to chip away at Fantomex and actually eliminates him, he bids his Unlimited X-Men allies adieu by applying a slew of positive effects before calling in 2 Unlimited X-Men allies with the highest Damage to attack the most injured enemy - talk about a fond farewell.
Traits: Hero, Global, Mutant, Blaster, Unlimited X-Men
Basic - Dual Shot
- Attack primary target for 110% Piercing.
- On Crit, apply +1 Defense Down, up to a maximum of 5.
- Repeat this attack 2 times.
- When forced to attack an ally, this character deals less damage to X-Men allies.
Special - E.V.A. Assist
- Energy Cost: 4/4
- Gain Taunt for 2 turns
- Attack the primary target for 400% damage, apply Taunt for 1 turn and apply Offense Down for 2 turns.
- If the primary target has Taunt, target the enemy with the highest Damage instead.
- Apply Defense Up for 2 turns to self and all Unlimited X-Men allies.
Ultimate - Stylish Shooter
- Energy Cost: 5/5
- Clear all Deflect and Evade from the primary target.
- Attack primary target for 50% Piercing + Bonus Attack primary target 5 times for 50% Piercing.
- In Crucible, Bonus Attack primary target 4 additional times for 50% Piercing.
- This attack gains 10% additional damage per positive effect on the primary target.
- This attack is unavoidable and cannot be blocked.
Passive - Two Guns Three Brains
- On Spawn, apply Evade to self and all Unlimited X-Men allies.
- On Turn, Heal for 20% of his character's Max Health.
- On Death: Apply Offense Up to all Unlimited X-Men allies.
- On Death: Apply Defense Up to all allies.
- On Death: Call 2 Unlimited X-Men allies with the highest Damage to attack the most injured enemy.
- While this character has Defense Up, gain +100% chance to Counterattack.
- Gain +10,000% Resistance against Bleed.
- Gain +10% Dodge Chance per Unlimited X-Men ally.
- Gain +25% Armor. Unlimited X-Men allies gain +25% Armor.
Alison Blaire was born with the mutant ability to manipulate sound into light. The louder the source, the more powerful the output of light, and Alison can manifest the light in a variety of ways, including a harmless visual lightshow, holograms, blinding light, and even as weapons. When her mutant powers manifested as a teenager, Alison used her abilities to support her dream of becoming a famous musician. She called herself "The Dazzler" and used her powers to create dazzling light shows during her performances. In addition to being a powerful mutant and a skilled fighter, Dazzler is a talented singer, triggering her music career to blossom along with her crime-fighting prowess. While she'd prefer to focus exclusively on her music, her powers have repeatedly pulled her into the super hero lifestyle. She's fought alongside the X-Men and other mutants on numerous occasions, with the likes of Spider-Man and the Avengers.
Dazzler is a powerful Controller with high Focus, which aids her ability to manipulate effects across the battlefield. Her kit also features Support elements, including Barrier on Spawn in Cosmic Crucible, which is just one of several Cosmic Crucible bonuses within her kit.
Traits: Hero, Global, Mutant, Controller, Unlimited X-Men
Basic - Showtime
- In Crucible, flip Defense Up on the primary target.
- Attack primary target for 300% damage + apply Offense Down.
- In Crucible, On Crit, apply Blind to the primary target.
- This attack cannot be counterattacked.
Special - Dancing Queen
- Energy Cost: 6/6
- Attack primary target for 360% damage, apply Blind, and reduce Speed Bar by 25%.
- Barrier self and Unlimited X-Men allies for 30% of this character's Max Health.
- In Crucible, apply 2 Regeneration to self and all Unlimited X-Men allies.
- This attack is unavoidable and cannot be counterattacked.
Ultimate - Showstopper
- Energy Cost: 5/5
- Flip 2 negative effects to positive effects on self and all Unlimited X-Men allies.
- In Crucible, flip all negative effects to positive effects on self and all Unlimited X-Men allies instead.
- Apply Ability Block to the primary target.
- Attack all enemies for 450% damage + apply Slow.
- This attack gains +1,000% Extra Focus and cannot be counterattacked.
Passive - Disco Diva
- In Crucible, on Spawn, Barrier self and all Unlimited X-Men allies for 30% of this character's Max Health.
- When an Unlimited X-Men ally gains a negative effect, fill this character's Speed Bar by 10%.
- On Blind, gain Deflect and clear all Blind from self and all X-Men allies.
- Gain +35% Focus.
- Unlimited X-Men allies gain +35% Focus.
Prepare for Cosmic Crucible
Scourge Events aren't the only new game mode launching in 2022. Coming your way on May 11th at 12:00PM (PDT) will be the initial launch of Cosmic Crucible.
During Cosmic Crucible, you'll engage in weekly tournaments (recurring time subject to change) that pit you against other Commanders. Just like Alliance War, you'll need to defend a set of rooms, each with their own set of room bonuses, while attacking your opponent's rooms.
As you saw with the Unlimited X-Men above, select new characters will possess Cosmic Crucible ability bonuses, which will give them an advantage in Crucible matches.
Tons of Teal gear will be up for grabs each Season, so if you're looking for an optimal path to Augment your roster, you don't want to miss any part of Cosmic Crucible. Each enemy eliminated (KOed) in a match will earn you Crucible Credits, which can be spent in the Crucible Store on Teal, Orange, and Purple gear pieces, and players will earn additional Crucible Credits and Elite Crucible Credits (which can be spent on gear orbs) from their placement at the end of each tournament and the Season.
Tune into next week's blog for more details on Cosmic Crucible and the reveal of the second team to feature Cosmic Crucible bonuses.
A-Force of Nature Event
Swinging your way on May 3rd at 5:00PM (PDT) and hanging around the entire month of May is the upcoming A-Force of Nature Event. There will be a fun new twist on the Milestone Events as you’ll be able to make progress in the month-long A-Force milestone at the same time as making progress in other events - a double win!
Earn up to 180 Spider-Woman character shards (unlocks at 3 stars), Teal Mutant Gear, Armory 14, 15, and 16 Orb Fragments, Gold Orb Fragments, Dark Promotion Credits, and Gold Promotion Credits.
Throughout the month of May, you’ll earn tons of rewards by participating in ten milestone events, each of which will reward points toward the A-Force of Nature Event. This includes four solo milestones, two alliance milestones, and four new “Quick Rumble” Blitzes. The Alliance-based Milestones grant progress is based on all your alliance members spending Iso-8 Energy, not based on donations.
You'll earn points toward the A-Force of Nature Milestone by collecting limited-time “A-Force Emblems.” These tokens will be sprinkled throughout the previously mentioned milestone events and 1-Power Core Offers. Complete all the milestones and get the offers to earn the 50,000 points necessary to reach Milestone 40 and complete it.
Be on the lookout to acquire three specific chase items that will greatly boost your progress: Captain Marvel’s Helmet, Jessica Jones’s Jacket, and Nico Minoru’s Staff (these are for points and are not gear). There will also be select offers during the month of May to assist you in reaching those 50K points.
The A-Force Milestone will have a Leaderboard (similar to Blitz ranking) based on milestone points and is not combat-related. Rank Rewards given out at the end will include Gold Orb Fragments and Teal Raid Orb Fragments. Additionally, Gold Promotion Credits will be awarded to the top 50 on the leaderboard, and Silver Promotion Credits for players outside the top 50 who earned a minimum of 20,000 points.
NEW Quick Rumble Blitzes
New to the regular Blitz schedule will be special “Quick Rumble” Blitzes that run every Thursday-Friday (PDT) and grant milestone rewards (not rank rewards). A related milestone will run alongside this new Blitz and grant bonus points when you use specific teams. The first team up to bat is Hydra! Other Quick Rumbles will require a different trait and offer different rewards.
Weekly Blitz Schedule Update
To get ready to rumble, starting in May the schedule for recurring Blitzs will be updated to one character-themed Blitz per week and extended by a day. The Orb Assault Blitz and Red Star Blitz, which run on Sundays at 5:00PM (PDT), will move to Saturdays at 5:00PM (PDT).
The Goblin Queen
Rising up from the depths of Limbo on May 3rd at 5:00PM (PDT) for a monster opportunity is the Goblin Queen Event. Earn character shards for Madelyne Pryor, as well as A-Force Emblems for the A-Force of Nature Milestone. Be on the lookout for Captain Marvel’s Helmet (different from the unique gear), which will grant a massive amount of points toward the A-Force of Nature milestone. Here's how to turn your efforts into a successful cloning machine during this limited-time event:
Goblin Queen Milestone
Earn points toward the 8-day Goblin Queen Milestone by completing select Daily Objectives, as well as battling in Blitz and Alliance War.
In Blitz, earn additional points battling with Madelyne Pryor and Marauder characters equipped with Gear Tier 13 and above. In Alliance War, earn additional points battling with Darkhold and A-Force characters equipped with Gear Tier 13 and above.
Milestone rewards include Madelyne Pryor shards, A-Force Emblems, Mister Sinister shards, Mystic gear and Catalyst Parts, Red Star Orb Fragments, Ability Orb Fragments, A-Force Emblems, Captain Marvel’s Helmet, and T2 Level 1 Ion Orb Fragments.
If you're in need of a sword-wielding Protector, head to the Blitz Store starting on May 3rd at 5:00PM (PDT), Silver Samurai shards will be available in the Blitz Orb.
Max Health Updates
We’ve been looking into the Max Health of characters in the game and have done some small targeted updates for the following characters:
- A.I.M. Infector: +17%
- Bullseye: +17%
- Hand Blademaster: +17%
- Hand Assassin: +17%
- Hand Archer: +17%
- Vision: +21%
- Doctor Strange: +21%
- Pyro: +21%
- Rocket Raccoon: +21%
- Star-Lord: +21%
- Yoyo: +40%
- Crystal: +30%
- Quake: +48%
For all Bonus Events, filter your roster using the featured trait to find all eligible characters and their corresponding nodes.
Relic Hunt Flash Event
Start Date: April 30th at 5:00PM (PDT)
Reward: Catalyst Parts
Required characters: Hand
Start Date: May 1st at 5:00PM (PDT)
Rewards: Beta Raid Orb featuring Hero Mutant characters
Clobberin’ Time Blitz
Start Date: May 1st at 5:00PM (PDT)
Reward: The Thing character shards
Black and Ebony Legendary Event
Start Date: May 2nd at 5:00PM (PDT)
Reward: Ebony Maw character shards
Requirements: Black Bolt and 4 Inhuman characters at a minimum of 5 Stars to unlock Ebony Maw
How to Prepare: Terrigen Storm Bonus Event
Need a Hand? Bonus Event
Start Date: May 4th at 5:00PM (PDT)
Rewards: 2x character shards for Hand characters from Campaigns
Quick Rumble & Related Milestone
Start Date: May 5th at 5:00PM (PDT)
Required characters: Hydra
Knowhere Heist Mythic Flash Event
Start Date: May 6th at 5:00PM (PDT)
Rewards: Dark Promotion Credits
Required Characters: Doctor Octopus, Invisible Woman, Star-Lord, Kitty Pryde, and Rocket Raccoon equipped with at least Gear Tier 9
Until next time…
Good luck, Commanders!