This week the awesome energy of the cosmos is on full display, as we're showcasing the Infinity Watch's Titan Protector. After meeting this living quasar, we've got a couple events to help you create a little roster mischief, new Challenges, and events to cure what ails your roster.
Phyla-Vell is the artificial offspring of Elysius, a Titan Eternal, and Mar-Vell, a Kree super-soldier and the original Captain Marvel. Being both an Eternal and Kree, Phyla-Vell possesses near god-like abilities including super strength, energy absorption and projection, flight, and a cosmic awareness that boosts her combat skills even further. Phyla-Vell has helped keep the universe safe from villainous threats by fighting alongside the Guardians of the Galaxy and members of the Infinity Watch.
As a member of S.T.R.I.K.E., Phyla-Vell has a very high base damage and also boosts the damage of her Infinity Watch allies. She's a Protector that applies Barrier and Defense Up to her allies and offers additional sustain with Drain when they have Deathproof. When paired with Moondragon, Phyla-Vell's Basic ability can't be countered. And when combined with her Infinity Watch team… domination ensues.
Traits: Hero, Cosmic, Bio, Protector, Infinity Watch
Basic - Meteoric Slash
- Attack primary target for 300% damage + apply Offense Down for 2 turns.
- Chain to 1 target within 2 spaces of previous target for 300% damage + apply Offense Down.
- If Moondragon is an ally, this attack cannot be counterattacked.
Special - Quantum Cutter
- Energy Cost: 5/5
- Clear all negative effects from self and all INFINITY WATCH allies. Clear 2 random negative effects from all other allies.
- Barrier self and all allies for 10% of this character's Max Health. If Adam Warlock is an ally, Barrier self and all INFINITY WATCH allies for an additional 10% of this character's Max Health.
- Attack primary and adjacent targets for 350% damage + 25% Piercing.
Ultimate - Marvelous Finish
- Energy Cost: 4/6
- Attack primary target for 600% damage + 25% Piercing + apply Offense Down.
- Apply Defense Up for 2 turns + Offense Up for 2 turns to all INFINITY WATCH allies. If primary target has any positive effect, apply 2 Deathproof to all INFINITY WATCH allies.
Passive - Avatar of Oblivion
- On Spawn, apply Defense Up for 2 turns to self and all INFINITY WATCH allies.
- When this character or any INFINITY WATCH ally drops below 50% Max Health, apply 2 Deathproof to that character.
- While this character has Deathproof, gain +50% Drain. While any INFINITY WATCH ally has Deathproof, that ally gains +50% Drain.
- Gain +30% Damage. INFINITY WATCH allies gain +30% Damage.
- Lower enemy Crit Chance by 15% while this character does not have Ability Block.
Vote for Loki & Campaign Mischief
One of your first chances to recruit Phyla-Vell will be on June 9th during her Event Campaign, "Vote for Loki." Join Phyla-Vell and her team as they attempt to stop a dimension-hopping President Loki from taking over S.T.R.I.K.E. and Nexus Earth. To join the mission, you'll need to assemble an elite team of characters with the limited-time Quantum Guard trait. For the list of characters using this trait, filter your roster using: Quantum Guard.
Running parallel with Vote for Loki will be the Campaign Mischief event which rewards your Event Campaign participation with a chance to acquire Loki's new President Loki Costume.
Spend Vote for Loki Energy to earn points toward the daily Campaign Mischief Milestone, which rewards Iso-8 resources, Purple and Orange Mystic gear, Catalyst Parts, and Yellow Flash Bits. Use your Yellow Flash Bits to purchase the limited-time President Loki Costume. Grab this godly garb before July 1st, as unused Yellow Flash Bits will be converted to Costume Credits at a conversion rate of 60%.
T1 Iso-8 Updates
To help prepare your roster for the exciting introduction of T2 Iso-8 (Blue), we've got several upcoming opportunities to earn tons of T1 Iso-8 (Green). Don't miss these chances to go green in the coming weeks:
As mentioned, the Campaign Mischief event will reward Iso-8 resources, including T1 Ion Orb Fragments, Basic and Premium T1 Iso-8 Orb Fragments, and T1 Iso-8 Crystals. Players who collect all of their free energy and refill their energy 4 times a day will be able to earn 60 Controller Iso-8 Crystals for each attribute, as well as other milestone rewards.
T1 Iso-8 Calendar
Kicking off on June 25th local time, log in every day for seven days to earn T1 Ion Orb Fragments, Basic T1 Iso-8 Orb Fragments, and Premium T1 Iso-8 Orb Fragments. Players who log in all 7 days will earn 40 Basic T1 Iso-8 orbs, 10 Premium T1 Iso-8 orbs, and 10 T1 Ion orbs.
Extra T1 Iso-8 Orbs
Going live with the next version 5.5 release in about 6 weeks will be the addition of Basic T1 Iso-8 Orb Fragments to the Isotope 8 Campaign nodes.
The team will continue to look at additional ways to make T1 Iso-8 resources more available in the future.
Earn more gear for each of the Origin traits with the upcoming Origin Gear Challenges.
Using characters equipped with Iso-8, assemble teams for each of the five Origin traits and send them into battle to earn tons of Purple and Orange origin gear. Here are the new Challenges and their requirements:
Original Biofuel - Requires 5 Bio characters
Original Mutagens - Requires 5 Mutant characters
Original Alchemy - Requires 5 Mystic characters
Original Expertise - Requires 5 Skill characters
Original Industry - Requires 5 Tech characters
Each Challenge appears twice a week -- once per weekday with all active on Saturdays -- and requires the following Iso-8 on characters:
Difficulty 1: T1 Level 3+
Difficulty 2: T1 Level 4+
Difficulty 3: T1 Level 5+
Returning Legendary Event
Your next chance to pack the explosive abilities of Jubilee into your roster is on the way with the return of her Legendary Event, "Like, Totally Jubilee." For a chance at recruiting the Astonishing X-Men's firecracker Controller, you'll need the small but mighty Pym Tech team at 5 Stars, which includes Ant-Man, Wasp, Stature, Yellowjacket, and Ghost. And as a reminder, Jubilee's Legendary Event is more difficult than previous Legendary Events. Here are the Mission recommendations:
Mission 5: Level 60 Gear Tier 11, Ability levels 6/6/6/4, 4 Red Stars, Stark Tech 10
Mission 6: Level 65 Gear Tier 12, Ability levels 6/6/6/4, 4 Red Stars, Stark Tech 15
Mission 7: Level 70 Gear Tier 13, Ability levels 6/6/6/5, 5 Red Stars, Stark Tech 20
Jubilee is also one of the required characters for the upcoming Adam Warlock Legendary Event, so if you're looking to recruit the Infinity Watch's Legendary leader, you don't want to miss out on "Like, Totally Jubilee."
Cleanse the battlefield of enemy impurities with a symbiote and a cyborg with this week's Blitzes. On June 7th, inject Anti-Venom character shards into your roster with the Lethal Dose Blitz. And then up next starting on June 10th is the second run of the Bionic Detective Blitz. Arm yourself with Misty Knight character shards by pounding enemy teams into a pulp.
Bonus & Flash Events
Start preparing for Magneto's Asteroid M on June 5th with the Gifted Gathering Event. Activate your roster's Mutant gene by earning double character shard rewards for Brotherhood and X-Men characters. Filter your roster using the trait Brotherhood or X-Men to find all eligible characters and their corresponding nodes.
Back for your monthly shot at bagging bullion is the Payday Event where you can send your Mercenaries out on a mission to bring back Gold. Support your soldiers of fortune with the Merc Mayhem Event, which rewards 2x shard payouts in Campaign nodes for Mercenaries. Filter your roster using the trait Mercenary to find all eligible characters and their corresponding nodes.
Change to Health Steal
The Health Steal mechanic for existing characters has always ignored Deathproof on enemy characters and caused them to ignore triggered abilities when dropping below a certain Health threshold. This will continue to be true for the current characters with Health Steal.
However, considering how powerful Health Steal is, future characters with the mechanic will not have the ability to ignore Deathproof or triggered Health threshold abilities. Here are the details:
Changing the Health Steal mechanic for future characters so it doesn't ignore Deathproof on enemy characters and will trigger Health threshold Passive abilities.
Updated the Health Steal ability text for current characters with the following new text:
"This attack ignores Deathproof and passives that trigger when a character drops below a certain Health."
The characters that have received the updated ability text include:
- Minn-Erva - Ultimate: “Mass Phlebotomy”
- Dark Phoenix - Special: "Vitality Drain"
- Ebony Maw - Ultimate: “Forced Transfusion”
- Yellowjacket - Special: “Spiteful Sting”
- Ghost - Ultimate: “Quantum Explosion”
There are two main reasons for these actions:
- The way that Health Steal currently works doesn’t fit with where the team wants to utilize the mechanic in the future or how we want it to interact with other future characters that grant Deathproof or have triggered Health threshold abilities.
- The dev team looks to reduce the effectiveness of older characters only in the most critical situations and believes that leaving the functionality of Health Steal is fine for them.
The team strives for consistency to ensure that mechanics are visible and easily understandable. There are a few instances in which some abilities work slightly differently, such as how some chain attacks can be interrupted and some cannot. As always, we are open to hearing your feedback on the changes.
Until next time…
Good luck, Commanders!