Be sure to leave a good impression this week because Fury's second-in-command is making an introduction and she's got the flair to swing battles in your favor. And after the not-so-secret meeting, Blitzes to bolster your Skill Military and Power Armor teams, and Flash Events to help strengthen your roster.
After a tour of duty in the United States Armed Forces, Maria Hill joined S.H.I.E.L.D. where she quickly rose through the ranks and became one of the top agents. Her aptitude caught the eye of then Director, Nick Fury, who appointed her Deputy Director and his second-in-command. Through the Armed Forces and S.H.I.E.L.D. training, Maria Hill has become an expert markswoman and deadly in unarmed combat. She's a brilliant tactician, able to quickly coordinate attacks, personnel, and strategies on the fly.
Maria Hill slots in as a Support for the Secret Avengers and features high health, which boosts her ability to heal her allies via her Ultimate ability. Much of her healing activates on allied Block, so pairing her with characters that provide teamwide Deflect, such as Captain America (Sam), will amplify her effectiveness. But healing is not Maria Hill's only strength, as she also brings firepower to the battle. On top of dealing single target damage with her Special ability and moderate damage to all enemies through her Ultimate ability, Maria Hill can summon S.H.I.E.L.D. Troopers for added firepower and as defense when adjacent allies are attacked. You’ll find that Maria Hill with her Secret Avenger allies excel in the Skill nodes of the Doom Raids.
Traits: Hero, Global, Skill, Support, S.H.I.E.L.D., Secret Avenger
*Ability descriptions are at max level
Basic - Close Range Support
- Attack primary target for 340% damage.
- Apply Deflect to the most injured non-summoned ally. If that ally is a Secret Avenger, they also gain Regeneration.
Special - Overwhelming Firepower
- Energy Cost: 3/3
- Summon 3 S.H.I.E.L.D. Troopers
- Apply Offense Up, Defense Up, and Deathproof to summoned S.H.I.E.L.D. Troopers
- Attack primary target for 400% damage.
- Gain assist from all S.H.I.E.L.D. Trooper allies.
- Apply Defense Down to primary target.
- If Sharon Carter is an ally, gain +500% Extra Focus for this attack.
- This attack is unavoidable and cannot be blocked.
Ultimate - S.H.I.E.L.D Care Package
- Energy Cost: 3/5
- Clear all negative effects from self and all Avenger and Skill allies.
- Apply +3 Deflect, up to a maximum of 5, and Immunity to self and all Secret Avenger allies.
- Heal self and all Skill allies by 35% of this character's Max Health + Heal all non-Skill allies by 20% of this character's Max Health.
- Attack all enemies for 350% damage.
Passive - Fury's Right Hand
- On self and any ally Block, 50% chance to heal the most injured ally by 25% of this character's Max Health. In Raids, this always occurs.
- Gain +40% Resistance for self and all Secret Avenger allies.
- In Raids, this is increased to +80% Resistance.
Add the Skill of the Military and Power Armor upgrades to your roster with our upcoming Blitzes. Out of the gate first on July 12th is the Red Room Blitz, where you can drop the hammer (and sickle) on enemies to earn Yelena Belova character shards and Classified Data. And then on July 15th, suit up for the Sonic Resonance Blitz. Dive bomb enemies in the name of Rescue shards, and bolster this Power Armor Support.
Bonus & Flash Events
We've got two Flash Events heading your way to help inject more power into your roster.
Block Party is back again on July 16th to help you earn tons of Ability Materials. You'll need your top City characters for this event, and to help you polish your downtown do-gooders, we'll have the Neighborhood Watch Event leading up to Block Party, which rewards 2x shards in Campaign nodes for City characters. Filter your roster by the "City" trait for all the eligible characters and their corresponding nodes.
Also heading back your way on the 16th is Back to Bootcamp, which rewards your Skill Military characters for clobbering enemies with Training Modules. Bolster your Bootcamp troops with the Double Time Bonus Event, which rewards double character shards for Skill Military characters. Filter your roster by the "Skill" and "Military" traits to see who's eligible and where to find their shards.
Until next time…
Good luck, Commanders!