Embrace the darkness this week as we shine a light on a deadly duo joining the New Warriors team. And after we get to the point with this big reveal, we've also got a legendary event to wrap your arms around, Blitzes that'll generate buzz, and a full slate of events to stuff more character shards and Catalyst Parts into your pockets.
Cloak & Dagger
After witnessing the tragic death of his best friend, Tyrone Johnson ran away from home and headed to New York City. He arrived at the Port Authority Bus Terminal hungry and desperate for money, which caused him to consider robbing a girl nearby to survive. That girl was Tandy Bowen, who was also a teen runaway. After her parents divorced, Tandy felt unloved and lost, so she, too, ran away from home to New York City.
Before Tyrone could rob Tandy, another criminal snatched her purse instead. Tyrone impulsively tackled the thief and returned Tandy's purse. From then on, the two runaways became fast friends and watched out for one another on the streets. Soon after, Tandy accepted an offer for shelter from a strange person and Tyrone went along to protect her. Along with other teen runaways, Tandy and Tyrone were forcibly delivered to a criminal doctor who was developing a new synthetic drug. Every teen who received the drug died, except for Tyrone and Tandy. The two friends fled their captors and found during an ensuing fight that the drug had transformed them into superpowered beings. After fighting their way to freedom, Tyrone and Tandy adopted the names of Cloak and Dagger, vowing to protect other young people from the dangers they encountered by any means necessary.
Tyrone became a conduit for Darkforce energy, which he can use to envelop a victim and drain them of their life force. The Darkforce also enhances Tyrone's strength and can be used to teleport himself and others short distances. Tandy can generate a form of "living light" -- the Lightforce -- which she can discharge as "light daggers." Those hit by the light daggers can have their own life-force disrupted or drained to the point of death. Tandy can also use the Lightforce to remove toxins, drugs, and other substances from a person's body.
Cloak and Dagger are powerful individually but when together, the two are a formidable fighting force. Cloak is a Controller with high Focus and Resistance for the newly formed New Warriors team and all of his abilities apply negative effects. When allied with Dagger, Cloak essentially gets two guaranteed attacks per turn, as he follows each attack by stealing a portion of the enemy's health. Cloak's attacks also hit harder due to Dagger either Assisting or team-attacking with Cloak.
Dagger is a high Focus and health Support for the New Warriors. All of her attacks hit with Piercing damage and she provides plenty of healing through Regeneration and direct healing. When allied with Cloak, Dagger's Ultimate ability becomes a significantly stronger team attack. She gains additional Passive boosts, which she grants to Cloak.
Show enemies the light and then snuff it out with Cloak and Dagger!
Traits: Hero, City, Mystic, Controller, New Warriors
Basic - Into Darkness
- Apply Assist Now to 1 random Dagger ally.
- Attack primary target for 300% damage + apply Offense Down.
Special - Umbral Embrace
- Energy Cost: 3/3
- Clear all positive effects from primary target.
- Attack primary target for 300% damage + apply Slow for 2 turns + Defense Down for 2 turns + Offense Down for 2 turns.
- Gain assist at +50% Damage from 1 random Dagger ally.
Ultimate - Shadow Assault
- Energy Cost: 5/5
- Attack all enemies for 280% damage + apply 3 random negative effects from this list — Blind, Defense Down, Disrupted, Offense Down, Slow.
- Apply +1 Vulnerable, up to a maximum of 5 to all enemies.
- If Dagger is an ally, additionally — Attack all enemies for 380% Piercing. Apply +1 Offense Down, up to a maximum of 5, to all enemies.
Passive - Darkforce Conduit
- At the end of this character's turn, 50% chance to steal 5% Health from the most injured enemy and all adjacent enemies and redistribute to self.
- If Dagger is an ally, always steal 5% Health from the most injured enemy and all adjacent enemies and redistribute to self and all allies.
- In RAIDS, when an enemy gains Offense Down, reduce the Speed Bar of that enemy by 15%.
- Gain +40% Focus. If Dagger is an ally, gain an additional +30% Focus. MYSTIC HERO allies gain +40% Focus.
- Gain +20% Dodge Chance. If Dagger is an ally, gain an additional +10% Dodge Chance.
- In RAIDS — Gain +15% Damage. NEW WARRIOR allies gain +15% Damage. While this character has Offense Up, gain +20% additional Dodge Chance.
Traits: Hero, City, Mystic, Support, New Warriors
Basic - Piercing Light
- Attack primary target for 250% Piercing + apply 2 Bleed.
- Apply 2 Regeneration to the 2 most injured allies or self.
- Apply Assist Now to random Cloak ally.
Special - Piqué
- Energy Cost: 5/5
- Attack primary target for 320% Piercing + clear all positive effects.
- Chain to 4 adjacent targets for 290% Piercing + On Crit, clear 3 random positive effects.
- Clear Heal Block from all MYSTIC HERO allies.
- Heal all allies for 20% of this character's Max Health.
Ultimate - Sissone Attitude
- Energy Cost: 3/5
- Attack all enemies for 380% Piercing + apply +1 Offense Down, up to a maximum of 5, to all enemies.
- If Cloak is an ally, additionally — Attack all enemies for 280% damage. Apply 3 random negative effects from this list: Blind, Defense Down, Disrupted, Offense Down, Slow. Apply +1 Vulnerable, up to a maximum of 5, to all enemies.
Passive - Lightforce Generation
- On Spawn, apply 3 Regeneration for 2 turns to self and all MYSTIC HERO allies.
- On Turn, apply Offense Up to self and all adjacent allies.
- On Turn, 50% chance to gain Evade. If Cloak is an ally, always gain Evade.
- Gain +50% Resistance. If Cloak is an ally, gain +30% additional Resistance. MYSTIC HERO allies gain +50% Resistance.
- In RAIDS — Gain +15% Damage. NEW WARRIOR allies gain +15% Damage.
Returning Legendary Event
Armed and ready to go on August 23rd at 5:00PM (PDT) is Doctor Octopus and his Legendary Event, Surgical S.T.R.I.K.E. You'll need your X-Force team at a minimum of 5 Stars for a chance to recruit the eight-armed expertise of this Sinister Six Support specialist, so start prepping now.
Get your roster to float like a mercenary-butterfly and sting like a super villain-bee with our upcoming Blitzes. Making a beeline to the battlefield on August 23rd at 5:00PM (PDT) is Swarm in the Bzzzz Blitz. Sting enemies for Swarm shards to help make your Sinister Six team sweeter than honey. Taskmaster is up next in the Mimic Master Blitz, where you can school enemies in combat for Taskmaster character shards.
Bonus & Flash Events
Prep for Legends and rack up Catalyst Parts with our upcoming Bonus and Flash Events. For all Bonus Events, filter your roster by the required trait to view all eligible characters and their corresponding locations.
On August 21st at 5:00PM (PDT), prep for Doc Ock with the Full Force Bonus Event, which rewards 2x shard payouts for X-Force characters in Campaign nodes.
Then on August 27th at 5:00PM (PDT), switch gears by activating your mutant gene for the Gifted Gathering Bonus Event. Magneto's Legendary Event, "Asteroid M," is returning in the near future, so use this opportunity to bolster your Brotherhood and X-Men characters.
Also on August 27th at 5:00PM (PDT), it's your monthly opportunity to stock up on Catalyst Parts with the Relic Hunt Flash Event. You'll need a powerful team of S.T.R.I.K.E.'s ninjas for this mission, so be sure to bolster your Hand team on August 26th at 5:00PM (PDT) with the Need a Hand? Event, which rewards double character shards in Campaign nodes for Hand characters.
Until next time…
Good luck, Commanders!